TCRex terms and conditions
These terms and conditions were last updated on: October 17, 2018
BEFORE USING TCRex, PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THOROUGHLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE EFFECTIVE FOR ALL ACTIVITY ON THE TCRex WEBSITE. BY USING TCRex, YOU AGREE TO UPHOLD AND BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Website, web tool, TCRex:
- refers to all web pages of the TCRex website which have their home page at: https://tcrex.biodatamining.be.
- refers to the developers of TCRex, i.e. AUDACIS, biomina, the Adrem Data Lab and their members.
- User, you, your:
- refers to anyone that accesses and/or uses TCRex.
2. Use of TCRex and restrictions of use
- TCRex may only be used for academic, non-personal research. All other uses, including commercial, private and diagnostic use as well as research projects in collaboration with industrial or commercial partners are strictly forbidden. Please contact us if you are not sure you meet the requirements to use TCRex.
- In case any results obtained by using TCRex are made publicly available, these results must be accompanied by a citation of our latest TCRex paper, which is mentioned on the about page.
- All attempts to modify the contents of TCRex, including the website, the source code and the terms and conditions are strictly forbidden.
- All attempts to hack and/or destruct the workings of TCRex and/or cause a security breach are strictly forbidden.
- All attempts to get access to the source code and/or the source data of TCRex are strictly forbidden.
- All data scraping attempts are strictly forbidden.
- All attempts to break the privacy of other users are strictly forbidden. This includes, but is not restricted to, all attempts to get access to data (both personal data as well as research data) submitted by other users and/or results obtained by other users.
3. Intellectual property
All information and content presented on the webpages of TCRex, including the design of the website and the TCRex logo, are intellectual property of the University of Antwerp and cannot be used without our explicit permission.
4.1 Long term storage of data provided by the user
In order to adapt TCRex to the needs of our users, we will monitor its usage with Google Analytics. In addition, the following data will be saved and stored on a long term:
If TCRex is used to predict TCR–epitope binding for epitopes
provided by TCRex, the following information will be stored on a long
- The submission time.
- The selected epitopes.
- The number of TCR beta sequences present in the uploaded file.
If TCRex is used to predict TCR–epitope binding using prediction
models trained by the user, the following information will be stored on
a long term:
- The submission time.
- The number of TCR beta sequences present in the uploaded file used to make epitope–TCR predictions.
4.2 Short term storage of data provided by the user
- All results obtained by using TCRex will be kept available for at least 7 days after submission and will be regularly removed.
- All data provided by the user and the corresponding results will be kept private.
TCRex provides hyperlinks to other websites. We are not responsible for the content that is given on these websites or possible damages that results from using these websites.
6. Without warranty
Use of TCRex is without warranty:
- We are not obligated to offer support in case problems arise. However, we encourage you to contact us in case of problems.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of the results obtained by TCRex.
7. Limited liability
- You agree to use TCRex at your own risk and that we cannot be held responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental or other damages resulting from the use of TCRex.
- We cannot be held responsible for any problems, including loss of results and loss of submitted data that arise due to technical issues including, but not limited to, unforeseen server downtime.
8. TCRex updates
We retain the right to change, improve and update TCRex at any time without any obligation to keep a previous version publicly available.
We retain the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. A new version of these terms and conditions enters into force the moment we upload it to our website. By using TCRex, you always agree to the most recent version of these terms and conditions.